St. Cecilia Children’s Choir: Any child in Kindergarten through 5th grade is welcome to join our talented group of children who love to sing praises to God!
- Meets every other Monday from 5:15 – 6:30 PM and every other Sunday after 10 AM Mass to practice with the Youth Ensemble in the church. They prepare for Mass, and to share God’s love for one another in song and spirit.
- The Children’s Choir sings every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at the 10 AM Mass and Christmas and Easter, special liturgies and other special events such as concerts and nursing home “sings.”
Children’s Choir/Youth Ensemble Mission Statement
Our calling is to use our musical gifts to tell about God’s abundant love. We believe that we are each uniquely gifted by God to do the work of music ministry. We acknowledge that our gifts come from God and that our joy in music also comes from God. When we, as a young person in St. Mark’s community accept the privilege and the responsibility of leading in worship through music, we are showing our desire to serve and be a part of our church life. We believe that Christian truths are expressed in great hymns and songs, and carefully taught as to text as well as music, will be a fertile source of Christian education. By singing this text from our hearts we add a quality of joy and enthusiasm to community worship, which cannot be gained in any other way. We promise to develop our musical skills, and have a goal of sharing this gift through self-expression and spiritual growth. We know that we must serve out of a sense of gratitude to God for what he has done for us and this requires a certain level of commitment from all our members. Most importantly, we believe that our ministry as children choir members or youth choir members, exists to minister to and bless the Church of St. Mark’s the very best we can, so that we may all worship more completely by praising God in song with all we do being dedicated to the glory of God.
Breath Of Life: Any youth, 6th grade through college. This group is open to instrumentalists and/or vocalists wishing to lend their talent to praise and worship our God!
- Meets every Sunday after the 10 AM Mass in the church piano ensemble area to practice and share fellowship with one another.
- The Youth Ensemble/Choir of Breath Of Life plays and sings every week to lead worship and prayer at the 10 AM Mass!
Adult Traditional Choir: Any adults and high school age. A gift of reading music is helpful, but not necessary. Just a love for singing “in order to pray twice!”
- Meets for rehearsal (and laughter!) Thursdays in the choir loft from 7-8:30 PM to prepare for 3 monthly Masses and upcoming liturgical celebrations including Christmas and Easter.
- The Adult Choir sings at the 8:00 AM Mass for Holy Name Sunday and the 3rd and 4th Sunday at the 12:00 Noon Mass.
Ageless Spirit: Any adult, especially those with young children, who likes to sing or play an instrument and needs a flexible commitment but still wish to lend their voices or talent in uplifting song.
- Meets for rehearsal (and laughter!) Thursday’s in the choir loft from 7-8:30 PM to prepare for 4 monthly Masses and upcoming liturgical celebrations including Christmas and Easter.
- This Adult contemporary choir sings every Sunday as follows:
1st Sunday 12 PM
2nd Sunday 10 AM
3rd Sunday 12 PM
4th Sunday 12 PM